Access Statement – The Old Watermill, Great Doddington Northants NN29 7TD
A charming and historic former water mill, listed grade II. The self catering accommodation is on three floors. VisitBritain graded five stars. One four poster double bedroom and one twin bedded room. Centrally heated and double glazed with plenty of old elm beams and oak floors, there is a view of the river or the millstream from every window (even the loos!) Pets welcome. Car park, garden and riverside walks.
• For contact phone no. 01933-276870
• email address email@example.com
• Information about public transport:- Nearest rail station is Wellingborough (3 miles) and Northampton (10 miles)
• Nearest bus station is Wellingborough. Nearest bus stop is in the village (less than 1 mile)
• Distance to the village is 1 mile (walking is up hill) no public transport from our location to village.
• Details of delivery of provisions:- Most local supermarkets will deliver shopping for guests/visitors. Order via Internet
• The village shop will also deliver groceries.
• Nearest equipment hire services is in Wellingborough.
• Availability of accessible taxis is via Lee Cabs (01933 442444) Wellingborough or Skyline Taxis (01933 222555) Wellingborough.
• The Old Watermill is surrounded by water and accommodation is on the first & second floors. Not suitable for guests with severe mobility impairment or young children under 12 years. Babies are welcome.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking is provided for two cars next to the Mill entrance door with direct access from car to premises. The driveway is gravel surfaced. There is one step up from drive/path to entrance door. The entrance is well lit at night and the path is level. Cars can stop right outside the door.
• Vehicles can be accessed either from front or rear when parked.
• There are no barriers or speed bumps etc. Just a country lane leading onto our driveway.
• All contact details are mailed to guests prior to arrival and the owners provide a “meet & greet” service upon arrival.
• One Dog is welcome providing that it brings its own bed. Dog bowls etc. are provided.
• Contact details for arranging times for arrival and departure are provided and details are agreed in advance with guests.
• The main entrance hall is accessed directly from the front door. This is the only entrance. The lobby measures 10 feet deep by 8 feet wide and is very suitable for the storage of a wheelchair, fishing kit, push chair, etc.It is well lit and offers access to the stairs leading to the first floor, or direct, level access to the utility room and back door into the garden.
Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors
• There are 10 stairs up to the first floor landing which are wood finish. Level access from here to the toilet and shower room with a ceramic tiled floor, and access also to the kitchen which has a ceramic tiled floor.
• Stairs from here also lead up to the second floor landing. There are 11 stairs which are carpeted. All stairs have handrails. All rooms are well lit and surfaces contrast well.
• There is a utility room with washing machine and dryer on the ground floor with level access from the entrance lobby. There is a washing line outside in the rear garden.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• There is one bedroom with twin beds on the first floor with good lighting and access through the 2ft. 6 ins. wide door. The floor is carpet. All floors have fire alarms which incorporate a flashing light.
• The second bedroom is on the second floor and has a double four poster bed. Steps up are 11. Flooring is carpet throughout. This room has an adjoining bath room and en suite toilet. All on one level.
• The kitchen is on the first floor and has a ceramic tiled floor.
• The work surfaces are laminate and at the normal height of 840 mm.
• The sink is a one & one half bowl stainless steel unit at the standard height.
• Hot water is thermostatically controlled.
• Taps are hand operated not elbow taps.
• The main cooker is a ceramic electric hob. There is also a slow cooker. All appliances are electric. There is a fan single oven with drop down door. There is also a microwave with side opening door. All ovens have interior lights.
• Cutlery storage is below work surfaces. Crockery storage is in top cupboards.
• The floor is approximately 8ft. X 6 ft.
• Lighting is by overhead built in quartz down lighters. Work tops have under unit lighting. The lighting level is bright.
• There is good contrast between the light floor and the dark work surfaces and also between these and the brown wood coloured units.
• There is a fridge and a dish washer at low level in the kitchen. A freezer is provided in the ground floor utility room.
• Fire evacuation instructions are located on the cottage Kitchen door and fire extinguishers are provided at 2 locations. There is a fire blanket in the kitchen. There is a Fire Risk assessment in place which can be accessed by guests.
• There is a no smoking rule throughout the building.
Contact Information Address:-
The Old Watermill,
Land line:- 01933-276870
We plan to improve, where possible, our facilities, in line with the need to keep within the rules for listed buildings contained within the consent that we have been given.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please
phone 01933-276870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org